31 de mai. de 2010

New Yorkers

KARINA
TEACHER FERNANDA - SATURDAY
The name of the book I read was New Yorkers and there are five stories. The one I liked the most was the Christmas Present.

It talked about a woman, “Della”, who lived in a poor house with her husband James. But his job was not good.
She would like to buy a present for him. She went to the shopping mall with little money, but the things were expensive.
Then, she met Madame Eloise-Hair. Della asked if she would like to buy her hair.
Madame Eloise said “I can pay twenty dollars”. So she had her hair cut and bought the present.
She went to her house feeling afraid because she thought he wouldn’t love her anymore.
When he came back from his job, she said “I had my hair cut to buy a present for you”. And he said he loved her, for him it wasn’t important if she had a short or a long hair, but the important thing was his love for her.
She gave a new chain for him.

0 comentários: